Thursday, March 31, 2011

Since When Is This A Holiday?

Cesar Chavez day has become a real holiday in California, they're even giving us a day off school. One of my teachers referred to the holiday as "Cesar Get Drunk Day"; and that's pretty much what it is. The people outside my window have been celebrating since 3pm YESTERDAY and are still at it now... Keep it up for three more hours and it will have been a 24 hour long party, and Im sure it will go all night.

Anyway, I'm not concerned about my neighbors; you can't fault people for having fun. (Nor am I sayin I don't like to have just as much fun...) I just think the holiday seems a little over rated. Most people would probably tell me not to complain about a day off school, and yes it is nice (especially considering Thursday's my longest day). But I guess when your not rich and paying for college it seems like I'm paying for a day of doing nothing. Does that make sense?

Anyway, this holiday just doesn't seem that important to me. Rather, it seems like an excuse to get drunk.

Someone seems to have lost their vodka in our parking lot...

On Another Note...
Earlier I mentioned that we were planting a "garden" on our balcony. Well, my radishes and carrots seem to be actually growing. Radishes are one of those things that taste good if you grew them, other wise you wouldn't want to eat them plain (although I am a picky eater...) and I love carrots either way. Amanda planted tomatoes, snap peas, and strawberries while Ashley planted a watermelon. I'm not sure about how you grow watermelon on your balcony along with the tomatoes but I guess we'll see...

Wow! My radishes and carrots are growing a lot!
Left to Right: Suicide Radishes, White Asian Radishes, Short Carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment